Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dinner, Anyone?

In a rare event, I made dinner tonight. I made fish for Chianna because she loves fish. As we were eating, I asked her if it was good. She said "not too much". In her matter of fact and honest way. Before I could ask what was wrong she finished her sentence with "because you don't cook good." (OUCH!) I started to get offended, but calmed myself and said that its ok to say you don't like it, but its not really nice to say I don't cook good. She just looked at me with a blank stare, shrugged one shoulder and said "well, it is". (ROUGH, HUH!?) Myke and I both commended her on telling the truth, but I don't think she functions any other way, which is a good thing, even when the truth hurts! LOL So now, here comes the real kicker. I asked, "well what could I have done different to make it taste better?" And she, again rather matter of factly said, "look at Daddy cook."

1 comment:

Tammie said...

I will make sure to never cook for Chianna. I can imagine what she'd tell me!