Friday, December 14, 2007

Another Day, Another Delay.

Similar to being nickel and dimed to death, I am being "one more day" delayed to death. I can't tell you how many times I have planned to get something out or get something done and had to wait "one more day". Ughhh. I forgot my checkbook today, so I could not send the check with the dossier paperwork. In hindsight, I could have got a money order from the bank, but as they say, hindsight is 20/20. FedEx/ Kinkos is open 24 hrs/day, but we are leaving for NYC early tomorrow morning, so a late night Kinkos trip is not advisable.

So, instead of being more depressed about (hopefully) our last delay, I will be excited about our long weekend in NYC! I planned this trip in the middle of the stress and hustle and bustle of the Halloween season. Until about an hour ago, Myke only new we were going "somewhere", but had no idea where. I finally spilled the beans after almost three months - wow, that was a hard secret to keep.

So why all the mystery, you ask? Back in Sept., I found out that Jennifer Garner is on Broadway in Cyrano de Bergerac! AHHHH!! Myke still does not know that we are going to see his "TV Girlfriend" live and in the flesh! We are both huge fans of her, mostly from Alias, but we also loved her in 13 Going on 30. I know there won't be any spin kicks, spy missions, or ass kickings going on in Cyrano, but we'll get to see our special girl live - what a thrill!

As you can imagine, I was totally sweating it out up until a couple of weeks ago with the whole Broadway strike thing. Going to see this play is pretty much the whole reason for the trip. Risky, I know, but I HAD to take this risk! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let her be there this Saturday night. If the understudy shows, I will be devasted!

Myke has never been to NYC. We were supposed to make a short appearance there this past August when we went to NY on a business trip. We were not staying in The City, but we were supposed to go to Manhattan the first day when our plane was delayed for about 8 hours. (Dang Jet Blue) So, Myke never got to see the city and was thoroughly unimpressed with Long Island. So, in the midst of the Halloween chaos and stress, I thought this would be a fun opportunity for Myke to get to see Times Square, Broadway, Rockafeller Center all lit up with the Christmas lights and decor and cold weather. It might even snow this weekend!

I know, I just got back on the blog, but I am actually NOT taking my computer with me this weekend. That is right! I will actually be computer-less for three whole days! Imagine that! It is a stretch for me, but we both need a vacation, and for me, a vacation is just not possible if I bring my little silver and black buddy along with me. ; )

I think the internet will survive without me for a few days and I may just survive without it. [Temporarily.]

I will be back on Monday with pics.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

I hope that you guys enjoy your trip to NYC! What a sweet surprise gift for Myke!