Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On A One Moose Open Sleigh. . .


I took Chianna shopping today so that she could pick out something for Daddy for Christmas. I asked her if she knew what she wanted to get him, dreading that she would ask to go to the mall. (Dreading it since I waited so long.) But she said rather quickly, "Santa Lights". I then remembered that we were all in Home Depot a couple weeks ago and we were thinking about getting these particular lights. Evidently Chianna did not forget at all! So I had a few errands to run and while in the car, Chianna was going on (and on) as she does about when she grows up and has a baby that she wants to live where there are moose. I don't know what brought this on other than she has this new little toy moose from Papa.(She has been carrying it around non stop since Papa got this for her at IKEA the other day. Today it spent most of the day in her pocket and also she tucked him in the seat belt in the car for safety!) Although she does often talk about wanting to live where it snows.  Which is odd because Myke and I do too, but we don't really talk about it to her. So she is babbling in the backseat about living where moose live - on another planet, of course! Which she realized and corrected and said another state. Then she says "and I won't have a car, my baby and I will ride a moose"! A moose? I exclaimed, and she matter of factly said yes. Then she broke into singing Jingle Bells but changed the line from a horse to a One Moose Open Sleigh - HEY!

Then after singing she went on and on insisting that we would not live near her, because she wants to visit us in Florida and we need to be "in pieces"! I asked if she meant "apart" and she said yes. I couldn't figure this out for the life of me, but she seems really serious about it and even instructed me "can you tell Daddy, please"? I don't know if it is her independence or just some idea she has in her head, but being far away from my baby, "in pieces" doesn't sound so good to me!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Can I have a ride in Chianna's One Moose Sleigh? Pleeeze!!!!