Candied Pecan Rice Pudding made in the Slow Cooker:
3/4 cup long-grain white rice
3 cups milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Nutmeg to taste
Ginger to taste
1/3 cup ground candied pecans
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a colander, rinse rice thoroughly under cold water.
- Put in lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for butter & whipped cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour butter over rice mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2, until rice has absorbed the liquid.
- When ready to serve, spoon into dessert bowls and top with whipped cream.