Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Adoption News Update!

Hi Everyone!

I am in Austin, TX this week at a convention, but I wanted to post a quick and over due update.

Chianna's i600 (Visa Application) is being filed today in Vietnam! This is and important step getting us that much closer to traveling. All the paperwork is completed on the Vietnamese side of things, we are just waiting on final approval on the i600 and then notice for travel!

We needed to get her medical report translated and it was an extremely difficult process, evidently it was very hard to transcribe word for word all the medical terms, so the orphanage took her to a clinic for a new medical report - this clinic specifically translates medical reports, so that is how we had to work around it and got it done!

So it looks like we are in the final stages of the process here. Hopefully we will be traveling within the next 3 - 5 weeks, but no way to be sure exactly when it will be.

Stay tuned for details and keep all those positive thoughts coming our way! We are not too far away from our little girl now!

And as my friend Jenn commented - "The Final Countdown"IS TOTALLY playing in my head!

Hugs,
Shari

9 comments:

Jenni Shoemaker said...

YEA - this is great news!
Can't wait for the next step!

Tammie said...

How dare you not call me! My tears are just waiting to fall! ;-)

Honestly, Shari I'm so happy to hear that this next stage is in the works. It looks like Chianna will be celebrating Erin's birthday with her. Yay!

Candy said...

Hooray! You are almost there. I can't wait for the next update. This is such wonderful news. What a party it will be when you arrive home.

Heather said...

Glad to see you a step closer to Chianna. I can't wait to see her in your arms. You are going to love Vietnam and the people.

Heather- AP to twins from Lang son,Vietnam

LaLa said...

I hope and pray it is SOON!!! Honestly, they shouldn't have many to still be working on...you may seriously be the last to travel....

I can't wait to see her in your arms : )

Vivian M said...

Wonderful news!!! I am so excited for you both!

Jenn said...

You are SO close! Who knew what a journey this would be?

Unknown said...

I SO pray that it is fast for your guys!! We have been waiting almost 6 weeks since acknowledgment. It is SO frustrating...i keep wondering why it is taking so long. I think we are the only ones left to travel to our orphanage. I pray it is SOON! Maybe we will travel together.

Unknown said...

I know of 2 other familes. 1 is with our angency and another is one I met through a yahoo group. The 2nd is waiting for DNA testing to take place. I am sure there are more out there, but there can't be many more. I met a person who filed on Dec 28th and was approved end of February...but, it just seems like every case is so different!! Anyway...praying it is SOON!!!