Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Those Who Seek Shall Find"

That is the latest mysterious fortune cookie fortune I have cracked open up this year. I suppose one could say that fortunes, fall into the same category as horoscopes, psychic readings, etc., and a person internalizes and personalizes a general statement that can be taken and/or applied in many different ways. I tend to fall in the skeptics category when it comes to these types of things. Yeah, a few wierd things happen, but I think it is more coincidence, inference and observation more than actual psychic phenomenon.

But, maybe that's just me. Remember, I grew up in not only a costume shop, but a magic shop too. I try not to learn the secrets to the magic tricks (which include mentalism) because it ruins the entertainment for me, but I know it's not real. My brother is our resident magician, and he happens to be one of the best slight of hand magicians in the world. (WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Sibling compliment alert!!! They are few and far between!, but in this case, very well deserved.) So, I know that being a good magician takes years and years and hours and hours of practice, practice, practice. And I'm not just saying that cuz he's my little bro; more like in spite of it. : )

So then, what's with all the weird adoption related fortunes from the fortune cookies? I don't know. I don't believe in psychics, but I do believe in the magic of that red thread, so I would say our red thread is tugging hard between Florida and Vietnam. I don't know who she is; she may not even be born yet. Ahhh, the unknown, it sucks. But, regardless, we love her and we are building up her story already!

In the mean time, I have all of my fortune cook fortunes saved and waiting for thier permanent home in Chianna's baby book. I'm sure I will have some more before we have Chianna.

BTW, the fortune cookie fortune came along with a great lunch at Pei Wei, an Asian Fusion Diner in Plantation. If you haven't been yet, you've got to check it out - it's really good! meals are between $6.50 and $8.95 and always feed me twice. We've been there a number of times and each time, the food is awesome and the staff is friendly. You order your meal at the counter and then sit down and they serve you. It's an awesome concept and is evidently owned by P.F. Changs, but don't let that discourage you! I would say that Pei Wei is one of my fave restaurants!

I am currently bowling on Pogo and blogging in between frames! How is that for multi-tasking / A.D.D. / just plain addicted to the Internet in general!?!

No comments: