Monday, May 18, 2009

Learning So Fast!

Yesterday, sitting with Chianna I showed her "eyes", "nose", "mouth" and "ears". We went over it once or twice while playing in her room, then went on to the next thing.

Today, we were sitting and having lunch and she has a Baby Einstein Table Topper place mat with animals on it. She pointed at the whale, and as usual, said "CA", which means fish in Vietnamese, she is always correcting us, when we call it a fish, which we find very funny. And then she pointed at the whale's eye and said "eyes"!!! I was so excited, I almost fell out of my chair. Then she pointed at her eyes and said it again and proceeded to point out the eyes and repeat it for each of the animals on the place mat. Then we did the same for noses and mouths! At dinner, she repeated the whole routine again!

We definitely have a smart cookie on our hands!

Also at lunch, just wanted to mention, she was having a banana, and she wanted to cut the banana herself rather than have me do it. She took the spoon and with only a little bit of help from me was able to cut the banana. It was such a moment because of how proud she looked and the sense of accomplishment she had for cutting the banana. Its the little things like this that I am so thankful I have my blog to document.

Promise to post more, I am catching up on the posts and pictures from our exciting and busy first week at home - stay tuned!

3 comments:

Candy said...

This is only the beginning. You will have so much to post, you won't know where to begin.

Have fun!

Tammie said...

I think Chianna is trying to teach you & Myke Vietnamese while she learns English!

Leah Mei said...

Sounds like she learns so fast and that you are having so much fun teaching her!