Saturday, June 30, 2007

Home Study Now Complete!

We had our home study visit today with Bonnie, our social worker. Everything went quite smoothly - except for my car breaking down at the mail box (see the Pep Boys Sucks post coming soon). We handed in all of our paper work and answered all of her questions. One thing that sticks out in my mind is when Bonnie asked me about my mom and what kind of a person she was. It's been 9 years now since she passed away and I still usually fight back tears and have to swallow real hard when talking about her. So I am proud of myself for not becoming an emotional mess during the "interview". I described my mom as a very strong woman who was always upbeat. I told Bonnie that to give her an idea of what my mom was like, I would tell her the story of one of her reactions to being diagnosed with breast cancer. My mom decided she would go out and buy some terribly ugly floral bed sheets and matching comforter. She hated floral bedding. So why buy some? "I don't want to and don't plan to spend much time in bed." Bonnie stopped me and said that pretty much explained my mom - no need to say anything else. Myke held my hand. : )

No comments: