Sunday, July 13, 2008

Diet Diary Day #6

Breakfast: Special K Protein Breakfast Bar

Lunch: Edamame, which I just found out is actually kinda fattening: about 12 grams of fat for the little box from the Publix sushi dept. Its one of my favorite things, so I'll have to investigate more, maybe the fiber cuts down on the fat factor?
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich and Butternut Squash soup. - yeah, I know bad! But it was a smaller amount of peanut butter and jelly than usual and it was on this honey white grain bread.

Dinner: This was a challenge! Makino's all you can eat sushi buffet! Well, we were good all week! I still managed to keep the portions down and make good, healthy choices. Here's the list:
Salad w/ ginger dressing
Shrimp cocktail about 5 pieces
2 tuna tataki
2 tuna sashimi
3 asst sushi rolls
Hibachi chicken, pineapple, onion, zucchini & sprouts
It was hard to not get cake and ice cream for dessert! The server did bring over an orange slushy drink for dessert, seemed harmless enough and was only about 5 oz.
Drank the usual iced tea.

Later on I had cherries for a dessert snack.

At about 1am I was so hungry! I had some crackers and a soup that was low in fat. It did the trick. Not sure why I was so hungry on a day where I really think I ate a lot more than usual.

Then again, I don't really know what I'm doing here, just trying to make healthier choices and control portions. It sure isn't that easy! I don't have a scale to measure my progress, but my watch and ring that were uncomfortably tight at the beginning of the week have eased up just a bit, so I hope that means I'm making some progress!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Makino's? YUMMO!!!! You know how much we love that place. We're so glad that it FINALLY reopened. After all, for an all you can eat buffet place, it's da bomb!

Their udon noodle soup is quite good for those on diets. Yummy & filling. Even on Weight Watchers, sushi is an easy meal. Sashimi is great for you!