Sunday, July 6, 2008

First Major Purchase for Chianna!


We had decided a while ago that the theme for Chianna's room is fairies. Last week, after we made our big decision, Myke said he wanted my permission to design her room and set it up and make it a surprise for me, as well as her. Um.... YEAH!!!!! I thought that was an awesome idea.

I love surprises, and he is so good at designing and our house decor, why would I say no?! I am terrible at it, so its probably best if I am not involved! LOL!

Well, Myke decided after only a couple days to let me in on the plan, I guess it is better for us both to be in on the design anyhow. He still gets final say on any design decisions though, I have to defer to him.

Myke's vision for her room is to make it a fairy garden. Anyone good at painting murals on bedroom walls? Neither of us can paint or even draw, but Myke's design is to paint blades of grass on the walls, fairies and mushrooms and flowers. We will probably use stickers, and pictures more than paint.

Today we picked out an awesome bunk bed set, which will be modified and become her fairy princess castle with mushroom tops. He is going to add sections on either side of the bunk to make it easier for her to get to the top bunk and a slide to get down. The idea for bunk beds is so that Dee Dee can come and spend the night and play in the fairy garden too! And of course, for friend sleep overs in the future.

How cool is that? I can only imagine how happy she will be to come home to a room this cool!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

Sounds like a great project! Chianna will definitely figure out just how much her mommy & daddy love her!

Vivian M said...

I bet she is gonna love her room! Too bad we live too far away....please share a picture when it's done!

Candy said...

Chianna's room sounds awesome. I can't wait to see the finished project.