Monday, July 14, 2008

Diet Diary Day #7

We slept in and woke up late, so no breakfast today. I know that is a bad thing, but sometimes it can't be helped. Especially for us non morning people!

We got up, got ready to head out for lunch before catching a movie. We decided to eat at The Pub in Pembroke Pines. Its a really cool place, the male servers wear kilts.

We decided to splurge a little and order their signature appetizer, which is curried chips. I had a 10 oz beer, which went so well with the chips and the curry.

For my entree I had a grilled fish sandwich, just ate the fish and half of one piece of the bread, two tomato slices and a few more fries that came with my meal, but not all of them!

At least it was much less food than I normally would have eaten before.

We ended up not going to the movies, we were supposed to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D and realized that the showing we planned for was not in 3D!!! GACK!! And pooh on MovieFone for not labeling which showings were 3D and which were not! We couldn't wait around for the 3D showing, so we headed home.

I went grocery shopping and picked up all kinds of healthy and low fat food for the week. Before going to the grocery store, I looked up LeanCuisne.com and found that they have a great meal planner tool, it customizes for you, tells you how many calories to eat per day to lose weight and you can add in your own foods and it calculates it for you. So I think this is going to help me out.

After I got back from the grocery store, I had a snack of some fresh cantelope.

Dinner: Healthy choice dinner of turkey with a cranberry sauce, cranberries, sweet potato, carrots and green beans and an apple dessert. I made a salad to go with it with low fat honey mustard dressing, and two slices of this great 9 grain bread with Smart Balance margarine.

Then at night, I ran into a bad case of the munchies, I just couldn't get full! I don't know why, maybe cuz I missed breakfast?

So, I had a breakfast bar, that I bought specifically for desserts or snacks. Its 90 calories, but very small.

Then I had a fat free Banana Cream Yogurt. That didn't do the trick so I ate another breakfast bar.

I drank a big glas of iced tea, hoping that would fill me up.

No luck.

So I had two more pieces of the 9 grain bread and finally I feel ok!

At least there are only healthy snacks in the house at this point!

No comments: