Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Revised Home Study Arrived - One Step Closer!

Our revised home study copies arrived by UPS this morning and as fast as they arrived, they were shipped out to their destinations!

One copy is off to INS so that we can get a new i171h approval form - that is permission from INS to bring Chianna back into the country after we adopt her in Vietnam.

The other copy went to Tallahassee to have the notary seal on it authenticated by the state. Once it comes back, then it goes to the Vietnamese consulate in San Fransisco and is forwarded onto Vietnam from there. I send it to Tallahassee with a UPS envelope to return it in and a pre paid UPS label. In the past, it usually takes only 2 or 3 days to get it back with the state seal on it ready to go. In my haste, I forgot to include a check for $10 to the state for the authentication service! Duh!!! I was so concerned with making sure the home study and correct papers were in there, I forgot the check! Ughh!!! I hope that sending one out tomorrow will not delay things too much. I will call them in the morning.

So much paperwork! I will be glad when I don't have any more papers and I have a little girl to hug and play with instead!

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

Hoping your paperwork is almost over and your daughter comes home soon!

Vivian M said...

Yay!!! All the paperwork is worth it, hang in there!

Tammie said...

Goodness! How much more paper do we have to waste? Just bring that beauty home already!